• thorgalle
      Scribe

I like the features and the attitude. But I wonder if the screening box will actually reduce email checking load. The impossible problem with screening is that some people might get an important email from an unknown sender at any point in time. Checking the screening box "At your leisure" might not cut it, so they check it regularly. And then the screening box is just another inbox.

• Florian10 months ago

It blocks all tracking pixels, disabling read receipts and other surveillance.

This is great!

• sjwoo10 months ago

With a $99-a-year price tag

Nope.

second labeled “reply later.”

I see a future where vast swaths of emails receive this label and are never seen again.

It’s like the tubes of the internet got broke and emails are just falling off all over the place

• jbuchana10 months ago

I see nothing in this product that I would pay for...

For me, the “reply now, reply later” would be enough.

It does look like maybe they packed it with too many bells and whistles. But I’d have to use it to see.

What email do you use? I’m on gmail and really don’t like it. I did superhuman for a while. But ultimately decided it wasn’t worth the money.

• jbuchana10 months ago

I just use Gmail, nothing fancy.

This is epic.

“The last time I think anyone was really excited about email was like 16 years ago, when Gmail launched,” says Jason Fried, Basecamp’s founder and CEO. “Not much has changed since then. ... We’re trying to bring some new philosophical points of view.”

I love how he just pretends like superhuman doesn’t exist. 🤣

I’m down to give this a try, but not within the next few months.

Top reader this weekReading streakScout

Hey has other opinions. It blocks all tracking pixels, disabling read receipts and other surveillance. It will insist that you use two-factor authentication, for example — and via QR code, too; none of that insecure SMS business.