1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

Reading streakScoutScribe

This was brutal to read. There is a very long history of women being treated as “fragile” and “crazy.” A history of men being able to force institutionalization. “…the strategy is isolate, medicate, liquidate.” Our legal system has failed miserably here. Outrageous!

• gena3 months ago

I listened to the authors of this article on the New Yorker Radio Hour. Glad to have been able to read it in its entirety

Reading streakScoutScribe

Can you offer me your take on this? I’m kind of stunned because it seems blatantly mishandled by practically everyone! The “system” is not helping her mental condition one bit! I say bring back the house keeper, she seemed to be someone that really cared about Britney. BTW, I didn’t know there was such a thing as the New Yorker Radio hour!

• skrt

Totally harrowing.

• DellwoodBarker

Thank you Immensely for Posting this read!

• DellwoodBarker

One of the fastest 60 minutes I recall reading on RU. I have been wanting a thorough deep dive into what is going on here with Britney and her recent court appearance. This delivers!

Months back I posted a disturbing article about guardianship gone awry in NM. Sooooo many victims of these atrocious circumstances in varying degrees of detail, lifestyle status and cronies involved. I have stated prior that my Mom became a victim of such and I had to step up to get her free.

My heart goes out to Britney. I got moistened eyes reading the various sitches she has been through and ay~yi~yi these monster fathers in show biz history.

Her autonomy and rectification of all that has tried to destroy her and her perseverance now rests in my own prayers and meditation times.

Easy 10 and AOTD Worthy.

1. Update (7/4/2021):

Also, view the film, Love & Mercy, ASAP if you have never seen. 5 stars in my humble opinion and another case where a celebrity was being traumatized. Thank god an Angel stepped into his life.