1. Social media powered by reading.

The best way to find, read and share articles online.

App Store BadgeChrome Web Store Badge
    Coming soon to Android, Firefox, Safari and Edge. Get notified.
    The Atlantic | Olga Khazan | 3/16/20 | 8 min
    9.1
    The Atlantic
    9.1
    • jamie4 days ago

My son has often said I should try Mushrooms, I think he thinks I am too normal, whatever that is.

4 days ago

Lolol. You don’t know what “normal” is?

• jamie4 days ago

Nope.... I do not.

4 days ago

I guess that's pretty normal.

• Kiki4 days ago

Well I enjoyed the article because I, too, am considered weird although I prefer different. The toilet paper episode got a laugh out loud response from me too. Having grown up in the 60’s and 70’s , like Pegeen, I also embraced the unconventional lifestyle of that time and still love patchouli oil and hippie attire. The data was interesting concerning creatives, informative and well researched. Peace to all

4 days ago

I wish you hippies did a better job of slapping the corporate out of America, lol! But I guess you were too busy doing your thing - having fun, being in the moment, without an agenda. Wise. And, regardless, you had a huge influence on people like me - that’s for sure!

“The people for me are the mad (weird) ones!”

• TripleG
      Reading streak
      5 days ago

I think I’m creative, therefore I must be at least a little weird. It’s true.

4 days ago

Yup. Also the other way around works too: I think I’m weird, therefore I must be at least a little creative.

5 days ago

Shout out to all fellow weirdos out there! Her dad being excited about the free toilet paper is the greatest thing ever.

Reading streakScribe
        4 days ago

I laughed out loud at that one! Awesome!

4 days ago

Yes! I think many of us LOL’d at the same moment.

• Shemp
      Top reader this weekScout
      1 week ago

It's good to be a weirdo.

Reading streakScribe
      4 days ago

I was very unconventional as a young person. Fortunately, I found many other creatives in both my neighborhood and the schools I attended. It was also the late 60’s and the 70’s which was a revolution of counterculture, so I embraced it all with much enthusiasm. I still do. I wear the essential oil patchouli, long flowing skirts, turquoise jewelry and burn incense because it reminds me so much of my roots as a member of the Love Generation. Lots of great music was also created back then that has endured the test of time. Weird, to me, means original, outside the norm. And that has always brought me relief!

• kurpels
      5 days ago

My first AIM screen name was ooWeirdoOo 😆

5 days ago

Great one! Mine was hyperdude222 which is beyond weird.

• kurpels
          5 days ago

Ha!!! Hyperdude! AIM screennames were the best.

5 days ago

Chris Crandall, a psychology professor at the University of Kansas, told me that people who are on the periphery of society tend to be freer to innovate and change social norms.

✌️🛸

Top reader this weekReading streakScout
      1 week ago

I love it when people say "You are weird!".

“Minorities stimulate more originality while majorities stimulate more conventionality of thought.”