1. Stop feeding. Start reading.

Readup helps you spend more of your time and attention on deep, focused reading. We are a community of readers, writers and free-thinkers. Join us today!

Psych Central | Kurt Smith, Psy.D., LMFT, LPCC, AFC | 1/16/20 | 3 min
    8.3
    Psych Central
    8.3
    • vunderkind6 months ago

I'm definitely a chronic case.

• Pegeen6 months ago

I have an inner rhythm that has always dictated my life - like a governor on a boat motor. Therefore, I organically allow plenty of time for each activity so rushing is unnecessary. I rarely feel exhausted at the end of the day. More contented. It’s essential for me to “Smell the Roses.”

• jlcipriani6 months ago

Absolutely what I am grappling with right now. Waking up from a year of tremendous work absorption to find I have forgotten how not to be either busy or in a busyness recovery coma. Looking forward to remembering/learning how.

• joanne6 months ago

Love this ! And so simple (but not easy) . I have very intentional downtime everyday.... but I am semi retired. I feel healthier when I have lots of time.

• jamie6 months ago

I almost didn't have enough time to finish this article! Now thats sad.

• Jessica6 months ago

Slowly raises hand from feeling called out

I’m working on finding stillness. Instead of saying “I’m busy”, I’m trying to replace that phrase with “I have priorities and obligations to address“ - helps me filter out what really matters and what I perceive as something that matters

• SEnkey

"It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?" Henry David Thoreau

Definitely something I'm working on. Learning to just relax with my kids and not need to be doing something constantly.

• jbuchana

Being less busy is one of the best things I've done for my mental health.