Heads up: We're making Readup free for life to the first 10k users.8,421 spots remaining!
logo
  1. Social media powered by reading.

The best way to find, read and share articles online.

App Store Badge
    Psych Central | Kurt Smith, Psy.D., LMFT, LPCC, AFC | 1/16/20 | 3 min
    8.3
    Psych Central
    8.3
    • vunderkind2 weeks ago

I'm definitely a chronic case.

Reading streakScribe

I have an inner rhythm that has always dictated my life - like a governor on a boat motor. Therefore, I organically allow plenty of time for each activity so rushing is unnecessary. I rarely feel exhausted at the end of the day. More contented. It’s essential for me to “Smell the Roses.”

• jlcipriani2 weeks ago

Absolutely what I am grappling with right now. Waking up from a year of tremendous work absorption to find I have forgotten how not to be either busy or in a busyness recovery coma. Looking forward to remembering/learning how.

• joanne3 weeks ago

Love this ! And so simple (but not easy) . I have very intentional downtime everyday.... but I am semi retired. I feel healthier when I have lots of time.

• jamie3 weeks ago

I almost didn't have enough time to finish this article! Now thats sad.

• Jessica3 weeks ago

Slowly raises hand from feeling called out

I’m working on finding stillness. Instead of saying “I’m busy”, I’m trying to replace that phrase with “I have priorities and obligations to address“ - helps me filter out what really matters and what I perceive as something that matters

• SEnkey

"It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?" Henry David Thoreau

Definitely something I'm working on. Learning to just relax with my kids and not need to be doing something constantly.

• jbuchana

Being less busy is one of the best things I've done for my mental health.