Medium | Gabrielle Sloss | 6/17/20 | 8 min
    6.8
    Medium
    6.8
    • Raven
      Scribe

”For we communicate worthiness to others only through our presence, full-on, engaged and attuned presence.”

Wonderful if you’re able to understand such jargon. For me to say that the author has lived a privileged life and has been guarded by money and shielded by status I would need to know more of her story; however, anyone that is spouting widely broadcast ”absolutes” about personal reflection and change has a lot to understand about what it feels like to experience real challenge in life.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeScoutScribe

I think I see where you’re coming from. I thought this was a bit superficial too, but still somewhat thought-provoking.

There’s no denying: What you pay attention to grows. If you pay attention to your relationships, they’ll grow. If you narrow your time on a few of the most important ones, they’ll grow more, and faster and deeper.

• Raven
          Scribe

Exactly, I think that’s true ,the problem is when people of privilege give advice to those whose position is through no fault of their own challenged by the inequities that are directly related to the hierarchy that privilege has created. With privilege you’re able to have the license to focus on self improvement instead of on self preservation. I’m totally in support of anyone who is taking on the challenge of being their best self; however, let’s challenge the ideals of classism.

• [user]3 weeks ago

This comment was deleted on 6/21/2020

• Raven
          Scribe

Sorry for being glib. I’m really am interested in your point of view. 🕊

• Raven
          Scribe

What language do you speak? I’m willing to learn.

• chrissetiana
      Top reader this weekReading streakScout

so knowing what needs they’re fulfilling for you is important and what space you’re able to create and hold for them is equally as important.