1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

motherfuckingwebsite.comBarry T. Smith3 min
    9.3
    motherfuckingwebsite.com
    9.3
    • Alexa1 year ago

So major. This is always worth a good laugh

• jamie1 year ago

Strap on and get ready for beat-down. I think it’s kinda true……. A 5 chuckle rating.

1 year ago

Thought this was hysterical because I had a feeling there was some truth to it. Nothing like a good old fashioned rant!

• loundytampa1 year ago

Kinda reminds me on an internet startup my brother is working on…. In all honesty , I only understood 1/2 of this

• EZ19691 year ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this even though the only word I understood in it was fuck.

• KapteinB
      Top reader this weekScoutScribe
      1 year ago

Funny, and makes some important points, but there's a certain irony in reading this in a reader app.

• thorgalle
      1 year ago

How did I miss this?? Probably laughing way more than I should 🤣

All you have ever seen are shitty skeuomorphic bastardizations of what should be text communicating a fucking message.

"Good design is as little design as possible."

• some German motherfucker
      1. Update (9/10/2021):
        1. Try DuckDuckGoing this. There are plenty of sequels and variations, in the same mother******* vein. About CSS, accessibility, ...

2. Oh! No! How dare he.

![https://i.imgur.com/eY11huO.png]

2. Update (9/10/2021):

image embed failure

3. Update (9/10/2021):

It doesn't stop. Here's the personal site of author with some existentially challenging Javascript on top: http://barrytsmith.com/

• DellwoodBarker1 year ago

This should be AOTD because it is the vernacular version of the Johnny Cash photo flipping the bird. Yeah, a disruptor article.

😉😎💫

Still wanna write a punk leaning song called “Yeah, Yeah You’re A Disruptor, Baby”.

• Florian1 year ago

🤣🤣🤣

This site doesn't care if you're on an iMac or a motherfucking Tamagotchi.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeScoutScribe
      2 years ago

A classic! I started doing web development a little over 10 years ago and reading this now makes me slightly nostalgic for the jQuery era.

Even though I try to keep everything to a minimum I'm sure the author would be appalled at the number of scripts, stylesheets and fonts Readup injects into the page. I have to say though, this site does look much better in reader mode!

• chrissetiana
      Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout
      2 years ago