1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

bookbear expressAva7/5/214 min
    9.5
    bookbear express
    9.5
    • sjwoo1 year ago

I tend to think we live life bouncing between three states: acceptance (2%), denial (18%), and obliviousness (80%).

• Karenz
        Top reader this weekScribe
        1 year ago

Love this!

• Jessica1 year ago

Ava writes beautifully. This reminds me of this article on unlived lives.

It’s really something to contemplate that the change I crave but don’t actively work towards may be because I actually prefer current circumstances over something else. And that it’s just not reflected in my conscious thought.

I could spend years searching for you in every hidden corner and never find you again. And yet: we were born to give up what we love. To respect the sanctity of autonomy is to make your choice and let other people make theirs. The only way for us to consolidate our fractured selves—to become whole—is by fully inhabiting our choices.

• Karenz
        Top reader this weekScribe
        1 year ago

Took me most of my adult life to realize how true this is and what a difference it makes not always craving something else. Discontent is a typical movie subject but I’ll take gratitude and contentment!!

• [user]1 year ago

This comment was deleted on 9/17/2021

• Plum1 year ago

Don’t live in with one foot in an imagined world, ungrateful for the life that you created.

…or live in (or at least visit) an imagined world and be grateful for the world you live in…seeing beyond it.

• DellwoodBarker1 year ago

Excellent!

• kellyalysia1 year ago

Have become very interested in parts work therapy lately and this was a great summary of its essence

• chrissetiana
      Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout
      1 year ago

This forces me to think about the situations I find myself in. Acknowledgement really is key.

• TripleG
      Top reader this weekReading streak
      1 year ago

Great read. Be grateful for all you have.

• Florian1 year ago

Great deep short read :)

Top reader of all time
      1 year ago

It’s hard for us to acknowledge that we have what we want because sometimes what we want is embarrassing and ugly. But when we don’t acknowledge these unconscious desires we are controlled by them and left unable to move forward. Jung: “A man who is possessed by his shadow is always standing in his own light and falling into his own traps... living below his own level."