bookbear expressAva7/5/214 min
    9.5
    bookbear express
    9.5
    • sjwoo2 weeks ago

I tend to think we live life bouncing between three states: acceptance (2%), denial (18%), and obliviousness (80%).

• Karenz
        Scribe

Love this!

• Jessica
      Top reader this weekScoutScribe

Ava writes beautifully. This reminds me of this article on unlived lives.

It’s really something to contemplate that the change I crave but don’t actively work towards may be because I actually prefer current circumstances over something else. And that it’s just not reflected in my conscious thought.

I could spend years searching for you in every hidden corner and never find you again. And yet: we were born to give up what we love. To respect the sanctity of autonomy is to make your choice and let other people make theirs. The only way for us to consolidate our fractured selves—to become whole—is by fully inhabiting our choices.

• Karenz
        Scribe

Took me most of my adult life to realize how true this is and what a difference it makes not always craving something else. Discontent is a typical movie subject but I’ll take gratitude and contentment!!

• jramey19713 weeks ago

We can also be controlled by shadow beliefs. As in the story of Rumpelstiltskin though, once we name the belief or desire, it loses its power over us.

• Plum3 weeks ago

Don’t live in with one foot in an imagined world, ungrateful for the life that you created.

…or live in (or at least visit) an imagined world and be grateful for the world you live in…seeing beyond it.

• DellwoodBarker
      Top reader this weekReading streakScribe

Excellent!

• kellyalysia3 weeks ago

Have become very interested in parts work therapy lately and this was a great summary of its essence

• chrissetiana
      Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeScout

This forces me to think about the situations I find myself in. Acknowledgement really is key.

• TripleG
      Reading streakScout

Great read. Be grateful for all you have.

• Florian3 weeks ago

Great deep short read :)

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout

It’s hard for us to acknowledge that we have what we want because sometimes what we want is embarrassing and ugly. But when we don’t acknowledge these unconscious desires we are controlled by them and left unable to move forward. Jung: “A man who is possessed by his shadow is always standing in his own light and falling into his own traps... living below his own level."