1. Did you even read the article?

Readup tracks your reading progress. In our community, you can’t comment on articles you haven’t really read.

blog.readup.com | Bill Loundy | 2/16/20 | 1 min
    blog.readup.com
    • Alexa
      1 month ago

Hooray! Stoked to see a slick new onboarding process to help bring new reader friends to the community. This is exciting!

1 month ago

💌 Happy Sunday, everyone! 💌

As always, Jeff and I are hanging in the comments and we're eager to discuss your thoughts and ideas.

• vunderkind
        1 month ago

Excellent stuff. Huge fan of Readup. I've been meaning to ask if Readup is ever coming to Android or if there's a workaround for using Readup on Android. A PWA, perhaps?

• jbuchana
          1 month ago

I second this. I read a lot on my phone and having Readup on Android would be wonderful.

1 month ago

Hey vunderkind. Thanks!!

Releasing an Android app is a huge priority. It'll probably be live in about 2-4 months. I don't think a workaround is needed because our app has already been built to work across platforms (web, iOS) anyway. If you know anyone who wants to build us an Android app (in exchange for equity in Readup) we're all ears!

• vunderkind
            1 month ago

Can I take a stab at it? Using React Native?

1 month ago

Hi vunderkind! Do you have any experience with native Android development? If so shoot me an email at jeff@readup.com and we can discuss. I started with React Native for our iOS app but ditched it after a month for a native Swift project instead. The main UI is in a web view anyway so the native app is basically just a wrapper around that.