1. Did you even read the article?

Readup tracks your reading progress. In our community, you can’t comment on articles you haven’t really read.

billloundy.substack.com | Bill Loundy | 4 min
    billloundy.substack.com
    • Plum3 weeks ago

Next time we’re together, I’ll show you the 4x6 prints. That’s the best way to see this stuff. Plus, I love the way they look, my photographs, in a pair of human hands. Bill, For some reason these sentences struck me as the most beautiful I have read in a long time. I am so happy to have spent some time with you and Sputnik early in your trip. Sounds like it has been life giving and changing. Love you neph!

Aww. Thanks!!! <3

Personal updates! ⛰🗻 Plus LOTS of photographs! 📷

• vunderkind

I love you so much, man!

(Aside, and this may be me exposing my millennial side: I just realized Instagram is Instagram because Instagram is faithful to actual analog photography. I can see the oft-celebrated filters occurring naturally in your shots.)

Adds post to Pocket

Right back at you!

The first couple of rolls I developed were actually legit shocking. I realized that the entire Instagram aesthetic is basically just real film. Talk about ironic.

• vunderkind

Lmao. There has to be a word for this. I was thinking skeumorphism, but I'm not quite sure that's it.

Yeah! I really think "uncanny" is the word:

The uncanny is the psychological experience of something as strangely familiar, rather than simply mysterious. It may describe incidents where a familiar thing or event is encountered in an unsettling, eerie, or taboo context.

Here's the trippiest part: I don't know if you're old enough to remember, but those color filters on Instagram were the single feature that turned Instagram into a global social media powerhouse. As a society, we went on a mad rush to make all of our digital photos look analog and the result is that we further cleaved the internet from reality. That shit happens bit by bit, pixel by pixel.

• joanne3 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing your journey, your photography and your thoughts along the way. Can’t wait to have some of your pictures in my hands and hear more of your story face to face. Keep us posted on the next leg of where ever your life leads... it gives us a glimpse of your passion and it’s definitely coming through Readup.

Top reader this weekReading streakScout

Amazing clicks, Bill! Having evening tea and looking at these pics, soothing! :)

✌️🥰