washingtonpost | Eli Saslow | 10/10/20 | 8 min
    9.1
    washingtonpost
    9.1
    • Alexa
      1 month ago

whoa. i just talked to a buddy who had it race through her family too, lost her g-ma and another relative. wretched.

• Karenz
        Scribe
        1 month ago

This is SO sad. I understand his guilt but his drive to get together with family is so normal. This could’ve happened to me after I watched a Steeler’s game at Buffalo Wild Wings because it wasn’t broadcast on my TV. If I got myself or my husband or anyone sick because I sat at the bar while awaiting a “safer” table, I would’ve been devastated. It’s unbelievable how Covid takes out whole families and bypasses others like a tornado thru a town. Very powerful and sobering.

• Alexa
          1 month ago

omg, RIGHT. I feel that totally. The balance between craving personal connection and IRL time with the people I love and being safe is hard. I have a few time gone in for a hug after not seeing a friend in person for a year and had to apologize "crap, omg I'm sorry I just missed you". so surreal

• SEnkey
      Top reader this weekScoutScribe
      1 month ago

What is hard here is that this could've been a lot of people. Even people who are taking the virus very seriously can have it rip through their families and communities.

• sjwoo1 month ago

Actions have consequences.

• Florian
      Reading streak
      1 month ago

Small decisions with a huge impact. I feel like a lot of people out there need to read this. But then again... the people I’m thinking about probably don’t read to begin with. sigh

• jbuchana1 month ago

Wow, this is powerful. Very sad.

1 month ago

Wow! What a story. Guilt seems a terminal dis-ease. This is really heavy.