The Guardian | Karl Ove Knausgaard | 8/19/17 | 27 min
    9.7
    The Guardian
    9.7
    • KentFackenthall
      1 year ago

Note to self: have GOT to read more Knausgaard.

1 year ago

I had the exact same thought.

• KentFackenthall

Finally getting around to it Bill. I'm reading his 4 book season series. I start each on the equinox. Read 'Autumn' and now am in 'Winter'. They are fabulous books, comprised of short succinct chapters that can be read in a 5 minute pocket of the day, but the writing will rattle around in your head for the remaining 23 hours and 55 minutes. I do recommend.

Sounds like something I could get into.

My book reading has been quite erratic since the pandemic began. I'm really struggling to get through Tropic of Cancer right now. It's beautiful, but a lot of work, exhausting to follow.

Reading streakScoutScribe
      1 year ago

I am SO fortunate to have been raised by a woman who never lost her sense of juvenescence, awe, connection and reverence for life, it’s beauty and magic. What a precious gift she gave me. The absolute best part about it is that I knew that even back when I was young! I can only hope that my kids feel the same way.

1 year ago

WOW. I highly recommend this. I'm teaching myself to look at everything, everywhere with awe - so this really hit me where it counts. The writing is so good it's almost overwhelming.

"The world expresses its being, but we are not listening, and since we are no longer immersed in it, experiencing it as a part of ourselves, it is as if it escapes us."