adda9/24/2028 min
    9.8
    adda
    9.8
    • DellwoodBarker

This one is So Incredibly Memorable.

Wow. Creative narrative story-telling. Emotional twists and turns from laughter to horror to tears and there and back again.

Will never forget this read. For any newbie ReadUp Readers it is def worth going through the Best Ever reads.

The final conversation with the author’s mother brought to mind 30 minutes of the Best Television Storytelling I have ever experienced:

The Internet from Season 1 HBO anthology Room 104. Sadly the series does not always deliver this caliber and the final season is a complete waste of time. Karan Soni and the mother voice actress on the phone are 💯. Track the episode down if you can. Brilliant, funny and ultimately deeply moving.

1. Update (4/18/2021):

A taste:

2. Update (4/18/2021):
    • vunderkind7 months ago

WHAT A TALE.

Really great find. It’s interesting when a story is written with some levity but about a genetic abnormality that is both physically and emotionally devastating. This was heartbreaking and memorable. I had no idea that such a condition actually existed. Glad it got AOTD!

• Plum7 months ago

Same here. I didn’t think I would reread it but got so locked in and am so glad I did. Beautiful.

When I saw the title of this article, I knew I had to read it. Then I saw it was 28 minutes long - okay, I’ll just begin it and finish later. I could not stop reading this - REALLY well written. Deserves AOTD.

• jayvidya7 months ago

Same! it’s funny how the length of an article (or a book) is only intimidating when you haven’t started reading it yet.

• vunderkind7 months ago

Honestly, same. Planned to skim through it, but it gripped me by my throat the instant I started, releasing me, weak and shook, some 20+ minutes later.

• curiouslyso7 months ago