The New York Times Company | VIVIAN WANG, Joy Dong | 4/2/21 | 7 min
    9.9
    The New York Times Company
    9.9
    • TripleG
      Top reader this weekReading streak
      6 days ago

Another real “fantastic journey”!

• chrissetiana
      Top reader this weekTop reader of all time
      1 week ago

“It’s something I’m waking up to, not something that I just am.”

Really good that she’s finally living her life ❤️

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout
      1 week ago

This is awesome! Good for her. Very inspirational.

• joanne1 week ago

Love this woman!❤️ It appears the world is finally seeing feminists as a powerful, deep thinking and equality seeking group.

1 week ago

👏👏👏 Woot! Big cheers to this amazing woman, road trips, being real, running away, all that good stuff. Getting lost is an excellent way to find yourself.

A feel good story. I want this one to AOTD.

• Jessica
      Top reader this weekScoutScribe

“It took me so many years to realize that I had to live for myself.”

She paused: “It’s something I’m waking up to, not something that I just am.”

• DellwoodBarker

Gifted us once again with this one, Jessica

• Jessica
          Top reader this weekScoutScribe
          1 week ago

So happy to hear that this was a terrific read for you! This story is something I needed when I found it.

1 week ago

Jessica, This has AOTD written all over it! What a wonderful find. Thanks so much for posting. This is something all women need to wake up to! Love it!

• Jessica
          Top reader this weekScoutScribe
          1 week ago

So glad it resonated, Pegeen! It’s certainly a story I need to refer back to from time to time.

1 week ago

OMG, what a fantastic story to begin my day! The courage of this woman is astounding! So many cultures feel that “living for yourself” is a very selfish philosophy. But I think it’s because so many depend on being taken care of by women. Living for yourself creates a self that is empowered, passionate and full of creative energy. It is only from this place of inner resources that anyone can authentically give love, compassion, understanding and joy. It would be a different world if all women cared deeply for themselves first.

• DellwoodBarker

Such wisdom:

“Now that I’ve finally come out, now that I want to leave behind that life, I need time to let it melt away,” she said. “There are many things that, as time passes, may have an outcome you never imagined.”

Terrific read! Just what was needed this a.m.