1. Did you even read the article?

Readup tracks your reading progress. In our community, you can’t comment on articles you haven’t really read.

WIRED | Garrett M. Graff | 4/3/20 | 57 min
    WIRED
      1 month ago

I’ve read a lot of stuff in my life- on this platform and elsewhere. But off the top of my head, I can’t remember such an intense reading experience.

There will be plenty of time to review the data, the response, the politics, etc. But what’s undeniable is that NYC is going through some shit, and it’s happening right now. More than anything else I’ve read or seen, this transported me from where I currently am (Key West, FL) to smack dab in the heart of the Big Apple. Good Lord. God bless.

• Karenz1 month ago

Superb article, long but riveting! Makes me happy to be living in a small town in the mountains of western Maryland!

• Pegeen1 month ago

Riveting, up close and personal. Surreal. So much to process.

1 month ago

Really well put together. I found it easy to lose myself and be immersed in the stories being told. Well worth the read!

• mylavask
      Top reader of all time
      1 month ago

Straight from the hearts of NYC citizens.

Separately, I wanted to say thanks to ReadUp for giving me a push to read the article in its entirety. The content was tough to get through, but I knew it was important to fully digest. I can now share.

1 month ago

Thanks for posting! You inspired me to read it and I'm very glad I did. No matter how many really great long articles I read it's often still a challenge to get started and your comment gave me the push I needed.

1 month ago

Wow. Thanks to you @mylavask. What an exceptionally good use of my time and attention; makes me wish millions of people were on Readup. For now, some solace that it will probably become AOTD and a few more will hopefully read it.

Damn, I can’t stop thinking about my people in NYC. ✊🏻 Stay strong. Every freaking person in that city right now is a hero.