• normanbae4 months ago

Just got around to reading this and as of 4 days ago, his identity has been found!

• thorgalle

Hey Norman, my reminder I announced here just triggered and a simple search here resulted in me figuring out the same! Here’s a press article (that doesn’t really add much more than a name and method of identification).

Scary that he was so disconnected from family that it took 2 years for family to realize that he was dead (after being contacted for a DNA sample).

• monstertuck

Incredibly sad that his family had no idea he was dead for two plus years. It’s also wild that In 2021, you can basically go off the grid and remain anonymous for quite some time. It draws comparisons in my mind to other recent events like this that have occurred, most notably MH370.

• thorgalle

Fascinating! Definitely deserves an update too, I’ll set a reminder for February 2021. That’s another magical thing technology can do.

I could not stop reading this - enthralled! Such a sad mystery. The process of tracking down information and clues is fascinating - impressive. I would love to know more about Mostly Harmless.

• DellwoodBarker

Great Read!

1. Update (11/7/2020):

If u are an Artistic Foreign Film Lover this article brings to mind an Incredible Magical Realism (largely set meditatively in Nature) film from Portugal called The Ornothologist. Cinematically Rich. I adore it. Viewed it multiple times. Highly Recommended.

2. Update (11/8/2020):

Correction: The Ornithologist

• Karenz6 months ago

There better be an update!

• SEnkey

Into the Wild is a great read.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout

What a creepy end to his journey! The insight into how partial familial DNA tracing works was also super interesting. Hopefully they can track down the guy's immediate family and we can get an update to this story.