1. Deep reading is screen time well spent.

Readup offers distraction-free reading and noise-cancelled comments, built by and for readers. The future is focus. The future is slow. Join us.

The Toast | 13 min
    8.9
    The Toast
    8.9
    • joanne7 months ago

Love this .... I don’t scream or run but my go to way to let those I love know I’m mad as hell Is by quietly and intently looking into their eyes and letting them know how I fucking feel... using fuck in every way possible.

Top reader this weekReading streakScout

My fucking first read on readup, and gonna continue this fucking journey of reading mindfully on the fucking internet.

HELL YEAH! Welcome to Readup, @deephdave! You're gonna fucking love it here.

Top reader this weekReading streakScribe

Great fucking article.

• Karenz7 months ago

This article reminded me of George Carlin’s riff on shit as a part of speech. After we heard that, my husband and I filled a yellow legal pad with every syntactical use of shit we could think of. Now are there articles on frickin as a derivative of fucking? And what’s the etiology?

• turtlebubble

Really good shit.

I have such a distinct childhood memory of asking my mom what ‘fuck’ meant at the bus stop, I think I was around 8 years old. She told me it was another word for ‘sex’ and I said ‘ok, thanks’ and preceded to spent the entire bus ride replacing ‘sex’ in my head in every context I had heard ‘fuck’ before. Go sex yourself, shut your sexing mouth, sex you, what the sex.. (I had seen a lot of r-rated movies). I think it one of the first times I remember resolving to the conclusion that some things just might not make much sense and I hadn’t thought about that conundrum again until this article.

Top reader this weekReading streakScribe

This is a fantastic memory! How disappointing is it that the classification remains unsettled? I love the proposal of "frigatives" as a whole new category.

Reading streakScoutScribe

That’s a great conclusion, profound even, for an 8 year old! For indeed, a lot of things don’t make any fucking sense!

• TripleG
      Top reader this weekReading streak

Every example of fuck used in a sentence sounds fucking good to me.!

Yep, me too. This is gold.

• jbuchana
      Scribe

A fuckin great article.

Reading streakScoutScribe

Quant resembles an evil looking Paul McCartney. Aside from that, I found this article fucking laborious. However, one of Bopp’s sentences rang true for me - ha!