1. Did you even read the article?

Readup tracks your reading progress. In our community, you can’t comment on articles you haven’t really read.

The Outdoor Journal | 2/24/20 | 12 min
    9.7
    The Outdoor Journal
    9.7

This guy's YouTube channel is really great. I feel like he's a spiritual successor to Steve Irwin. The NYT article about the Murder Hornet referenced the video of him being stung by one. Well worth the watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7VMcMJBjD4

• Pegeen3 weeks ago

I can’t believe I watched this video at 5:30am while drinking my coffee! Are you a masochist or just trying to channel Coyote and desensitize your own fear of these remarkable, alien insects? I laughed just imagining you watching this. I think I would be more apt to watch his show on Animal Planet instead of the YouTube show. I really admire his tenacity as far as trusting and believing in his vision. Secretly, Coyote knows we all love a train wreck!

Haha probably a bit of both! Seeing these monster insects in such vivid detail certainly makes ordinary wasps seem like not such a big deal at all.

• Alexa
      Top reader this weekScoutScribe

I have the feeling that the "Coyote Pack" has a lot of sadists in the pack

The alligator snapping turtle episode started a feeding frenzy among Coyote’s fans, known as the “Coyote Pack,” who craved more pain

Defo agree this gives me the next Steve Irwin vibes, which has been a long time coming. CRIKEY

Top reader this weekReading streakScout

Oh my goodness! Be Brave, Stay Wild!

• Pegeen3 weeks ago

OMG, This is INSANE! As a person who is allergic to bees, my heart was pounding out of my chest. I started this article by first watching the link that Jeff supplied - it’s a horror! But like any horror, I could not stop watching! Then reading about Coyote Peterson calmed me down. It’s a real old fashioned success story of boy meets nature, falls in love and wants to share it with the world. The networks say no repeatedly to Coyote’s pitches for a show and so he perseveres, takes to the wild with his own crew in Ohio, his home town, and shares his adventures on YouTube. The rest is history. Love this story.