1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

• kellyalysia
      1 month ago

Incredible. What a life and what great wisdom.

• danielw2 months ago

“ Most people assume they will live into old age. I have come to see growing old as a privilege. Nobody should lament getting one year older, another grey hair or a wrinkle. Instead, be pleased that you’ve made it. If you feel like you haven’t made the most of your last year, try to use your next one better.”

1 year ago

This deserves AOTD - read and be inspired. What an amazing human - dying as he lived, with passion, courage and generosity of spirit.

• dukie41 year ago

So true

Life is for enjoyment. Make of it what you can.

• [user]1 year ago

This comment was deleted on 10/17/2020

1 year ago

Agreed!

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout
      1 year ago

"But everybody dies, and there will always be places and experiences missing from anyone’s life – the world has too much beauty and adventure for one person to see."

• Karenz
        Scribe
        1 year ago

I’m in my 70’s and can only pray daily that I’ll die with this kind of graciousness and gratitude. As the time draws closer for me, I can applaud his courage with awe. Bless his family and friends!

• 740digital1 year ago

Well said. I’ve seen several people face certain death with courage and dignity, but they were some 60 years older than Elliott Dallen. I keep telling myself that life is short. I hope to remember his words: “Life is for enjoyment.”

• ChetD1 year ago

Beautifully written. Serves as a reminder of what’s really important in life. I found it inspirational

• TaniksHunter1 year ago

I work in health care, extremely closely with people who are dying. I deal with death on a regular basis.

This article was so beautiful and powerful. Definitely a must read for everyone, and it better be AOTD!

• jackdille1 year ago

😭 😔🙏

1 year ago

Seriously. Even though I suppose I should have been, I was still not prepared for the ending.