1. Did you even read the article?

Readup tracks your reading progress. In our community, you can’t comment on articles you haven’t really read.

The Atlantic | Kaitlyn Tiffany | 3/17/20 | 7 min
    8.7
    The Atlantic
    8.7
    • kellyalysia2 months ago

I hope that our appreciation for the banal and lack of drive to impress “the masses” with stuff and things and experiences transcends the eventual passing of this crisis and isn’t (as i fear it might) replaced with a deluge of even more oneupmanship on the social medias

• Florian
      Reading streakScribe

I read this because I’m not on Instagram and I was curious about the case the author makes. After reading it, I think I get it too now

• kurpels

Post. Share. Be silly.

• thorgalle2 months ago

Interesting. Containment also resurrected my Instagram from a half-year death, but there's no faces on there now. This article makes me reconsider!

• Pegeen2 months ago

I LOVE this article because I love surprises. I wasn’t going to even read the piece because Instagram always seemed like a platform that was contrived and just plain bullshit. But how the “shelter in place” has changed the dynamic! Kaitlyn Tiffany did an amazing job of convincing me that, indeed, Instagram is now worth watching because it is more authentic and creative in its content. We get to see the “un- glamorized” view of the people, their dwellings and how they are spending their time in the wake of Covid-19. I don’t anticipate joining in because I have a body, mind and spirit that requires attention with exercise and meditation, a stack of books I’m delirious to read, a garden and property that is needing a spring cleaning, as well as my home, a kitchen that is always humming with blenders, choppers, the clang of pots and pans. I have a strong feeling that a lot of good will come of this if we pay deep attention to how we are responding and changing. I sorely miss the close physical contact with my family and friends. I’m learning to accept FaceTime and even to Zoom with my Reiki group so we can continue to intentionally pray for a world that is in desperate need of such healing energy. Thank you Readup community for all your interesting comments and articles. Although I can not see your faces, I feel connected to you all. And wish you health and peace as we traverse this crisis together.

• vunderkind2 months ago

I dunno how to say this, but I live for your comments, Pegeen!

• Pegeen2 months ago

You made my day! And you are as your name implies - wonderfully kind! I enjoy you as well, hence following you!

• Plum2 months ago

“I want to see you even if I didn’t really think so before.”Can’t say it better than this, it IS the sentence of 2020. I never post on Instagram but Now I will post the “outfit” I have been wearing every day. All black with my Cory Booker t shirt WE RISE. Love to you all!

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeScoutScribe

The sentence of 2020:

I want to see you, even if I didn’t really think so before.

Such wild truth:

There is no such thing as FOMO when we are all missing out on absolutely everything.

• vunderkind2 months ago

I've only recently started to read The Atlantic and their human-centered writing around the coronavirus makes me feel very warm, I'm not going to lie.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeScoutScribe

Thank god I just read this.