1. The world's best reading app

Get started today. Pick any price for unlimited, ad-free reading.

Raptitude.comDavid Cain11/26/194 min
    8.7
    Raptitude.com
    8.7
      Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout

Pay attention. Almost everything else will fall into place if you do. Don’t think about revisions in the tax code. Or anything else. In Latin: Age quod agis—”Do what you are doing.”

• Jim1 year ago

"Do what you are doing" .... so simple, I have to try .

• kellyalysia
      1 year ago

Love this. I’m reading Deep Work by Cal Newport right now and much of the same truths align with this. Also i must read this Speed Cleaning book!

• Plum1 year ago

I must have read this in the early 90 s. I used to get all my exercise cleaning the house. I called it aerobic house cleaning. It was just practical then doing two things at once. This makes me see it also can have meditative benefit. Looking for that little battered paperback!

• Jessica
      1 year ago

Reminds me of a study that showed how people who are happier have minds that wander less.. they focus fully on the task at hand.

I used to blast music or podcasts while doing things like cooking or exercising. I recently transitioned to using no headphones while going on a run, and the runs are 100x better.

Top reader of all timeScout
        1 year ago

Yep. I’m with you one hundred percent.

1 year ago

Yup, loved this one!

• tdsimpson901 year ago

Great reminder!

• TripleG
      Reading streak
      1 year ago

I’m glad we have a cleaning crew once every 4 weeks! It is hard work!

• joanne1 year ago

Very yogic .... the only place to find happiness is the present moment.

1 year ago

This article made me laugh but also pause and think. It holds a truism about paying attention that I like. I’m no longer one to want to do anything with speed but keeping engaged in the task at hand sounds wise.