1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

• DellwoodBarker

Exceptional. I will read this again in the morning and maybe a third or fourth time this week.

Going to make this excerpt a source of meditation:

Can’t you also be in a loving relationship with a pursuit, with a community, or even with the natural world? Whatever it is you love, so long as the feeling is genuine, you’ll be better off for it.

1. Update (3/11/2021):

Re-visiting this jewel again as well which I first read on ReadUp. Ripe time for meditating upon this lately: http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/oriah-mountain-dreamer.html

• Florian
        Reading streak

I noted the same section. This really is the key... it doesn’t matter who it what

• Jessica

A lovely short read and such an important reminder

• Ruchita_Ganurkar

Short & well written :)

The care required for love to blossom and thrive is very much the same.

The care required for love to blossom and thrive is very much the same.

Love is losing yourself in the process of caring about and showing undivided attention to someone or something, through ups and downs.

It’s as simple and as hard as that.

Top reader this weekScoutScribe

Thank you for posting this short but very important article. I loved diving deep into it. To drink my coffee, to savor the deliciousness of it all. It’s such a wonderful beginning!

Top reader this weekScoutScribe

This article has many words that jumped off the page concerning love - sacred; undivided attention; practice;care;genuine; open. There is nothing simple at all, in my opinion, about such words. I make the conscious intention each morning to approach my life as sacred - “secured against violation, infringement as by reverence, to stand in awe of, respect, honor, value.” Words are just words unless nurtured into action. Is this not the heroines or heroes journey?

• TripleG
      Reading streakScout

It’s all about care and attention.