Medium | Barack Obama | 6/1/20 | 5 min
    9.8
    Medium
    9.8
    • sjwoo3 months ago

Please come back, Barack...please...

• thorgalle3 months ago

Wow, Obama can write and give inspiration. Impressive. I'm now wondering what Trump has ever written except controversial tweets.

(edit: I looked it up, this 1987 book it seems, but he didn't write it. It's an entertaining Wikipedia page. The author later said he had "put lipstick on a pig" by writing it.)

Task Force on 21st Century Policing that I formed when I was in the White House

He had to slip that in of course :)

• Alexa

I really like his CTA to get SPECIFIC on requests/demands so local and national level politicians can't just dance around requests and pay lip services. That's a really smart rec.

• Florian
      Reading streakScribe

the waves of protests across the country represent a genuine and legitimate frustration over a decades-long failure to reform police practices and the broader criminal justice system in the United States

So good.

I’m dropping the ball on the two big points: 1-engage at the local level, and 2-vote. (I move around a lot. That’s the weak excuse I tell myself.) Gotta do better. Obama says so. 🥰

Violence is bad. We’re all on the same page there.

• chrissetiana
      Top reader this weekScout

if we want to bring about real change, then the choice isn’t between protest and politics. We have to do both.

Very true. It's not enough to complain about the situation. We have to have an active part in the application of the solution as well. As every voice counts, every vote counts as well.

Top reader this weekReading streakScribe

Wise words.