Medium | Bill Loundy | 4/25/20 | 9 min
    9.5
    Medium
    9.5
      2 days ago

This reminds me of the famous quote, “Wherever you go, there you are.” Getting lost really does have many meanings and layers. Interesting exploration. For me, bottom line is, how do I feel? Overthinking seems like it can perpetuate the feeling of being lost. Almost like a dog chasing its tail. I would love to know more about Mother Mary!

• erica6 months ago

There is no centripetal force, dialing you in, pulling you home. It’s centrifugal force, flinging you outward, away from your true nature.

Keep writing these articles!

• thorgalle
      Top reader this week

Interesting question, interesting hypotheses. I like 1 & 2.

I keep getting back to this quote from My Instagram. Again in line with your hypothesis 2.

A voyeur knows what kind of viewer he is, but looking at Instagram, you are not always a voyeur. Neither are you always a witness, nor any other single kind of watcher. Each post interpellates you differently. Your implied identity slips with each stroke of the thumb.

3 is a bit harder to generalize, but holds some truth, I guess.

“Let’s move this over to the messages,” isn’t really a thing.

You could just do it!

Lol, true. I’m learning!

I just re-read this. (Btw, it took me more than 2 hours to write last night.) There are strong parts and weak parts. I think I should slow down, because if I more fully develop these thoughts they’ll be much stronger. Also, at least a few days a week I should switch from Medium to Readup blogs.

My Instagram is the absolute best. So stoked you found that.

• thorgalle
          Top reader this week

I guess. The article went kind of everywhere (as you wrote yourself :) ). But would that mean you'd have edited this out?

“Let’s move this over to the messages,” isn’t really a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I was nodding at that, I liked that: it's a thought of someone seeing Twitter again since long, and it's interesting. And I'm definitely not the person to tell people what is a thing or not on Twitter. "You could just do it!" was the result of me trying to think of a solution for your messages/tweets problem for 10 seconds. I'm not using Twitter messages myself tbh.

Quoting your Tweet:

Very often, those fresh/rough thoughts (during that very precious moment right after you finish reading something) are pure gold.

If that's true about reading, could it also be true about writing? A bit? Editing seems so essential for good writing. But could it also destroy interesting, "imperfect", spontaneous thoughts?

• Plum7 months ago

You begin to answer your important question “Why is it that getting lost in the real world is so enriching and yet getting lost online is so miserable?”

Top reader this weekReading streakScout

What’s the deal with the yellow truck? Why are you travelling? And I said, I have no clue. Honestly, I’m so lost I’m embarrassed. I don’t know what I’m doing or why. And he said, It’s okay. It’s brave that you told me that. But remember: Wherever you go, no matter how far, you will still always find the same thing: yourself.