1. Did you even read the article?

Readup tracks your reading progress. In our community, you can’t comment on articles you haven’t really read.

Longreads | 4/8/20 | 22 min
    9.3
    Longreads
    9.3
    • Alexa
      Top reader this weekScoutScribe
      1 month ago

This is great, I love her journey coming to terms with her witchiness.

There's a great book by Kristen Sollee called "Witches, Sluts, & Feminists" that looks at the different archetypes and ways "witch" has been weaponized against women if this interests you. so good.

• joanne1 month ago

On my reading list🙏

• Pegeen1 month ago

I’m writing this down - sounds intriguing and powerful! Thanks!

• Plum1 month ago

I liked this but found myself looking forward to the comments more than the writing.

1 month ago

Perfect read for right now. Here’s how it went for me: sideways glance, golf clap, nod, smirk, bigger nod, wait a second, knee-slap, good god yes, roaring applause, YES, TEN, IT’S A TEN!

I want to live in a small village and I want my own witch.

• turtlebubble
        1 month ago

-to be my own witch maybe is a more apt desire? Or -to attract and partner with a witch because I believe myself to have other qualities that would compliment theirs?

Lol, just trying to save u from sounding like you want to own a woman after this very feminist essay.

1 month ago

Your timing is beyond perfect. I was about to write a correction because I was like, "what the literal fuck did I say before?"

My only super shitty excuse is that it was early in the morning when I wrote this and I walked out of the front door with some weird freudian misogyny showing. (And, basically, I was just really jealous of the guys in the article for having such awesome wives.)

The part of this article that I really loved is the bit about how men hide/push down their spouses as a way to protect them, out of love. I thought that that was a very fair and accurate interpretation. Something I recognized in myself for sure.

• turtlebubble
            1 month ago

Lmao I know you too well personally to ever think that was a reflection of your true desires. Just didn’t know if u knew how it could be interpreted especially after reading your latest medium about having no control over your narrative! Wow I’m really just laughing actually out loud and missing you so hard right now.

1 month ago

Ahh.. I'm cracking up too, smiling like a weirdo. Love you miss you so so so much.

• Pegeen1 month ago

Absolutely LOVEDDDDDDD this! Would love to join this witch’s tribe. I’ve extrapolated so many quotes on my napkin as I drink my coffee and read this, that I don’t know which to choose. It’s so true that women need to trust their own bodies, to know that they are the first authority on themselves. That during this time of sheltering in place, we can acknowledge the “potency of all the emotions that show up at our doorstep.” We can all “plug back into our deep relationship and inter-being with the life force.” And lastly, “All the power we need is right here between us, around us, within us. We just need to remember it.” Brilliant!

1 month ago

❤️❤️❤️ Book club material, yeah?!

• Pegeen1 month ago

I would say yes - absolutely! And I would think that we could even start our own Witch’s Club within our group! All are there in some degree or another already.