ideas.ted.com | 8 min
    ideas.ted.com
    • Ruchita_Ganurkar

When the trainer himself doesn't desire to keep training his body what he did?

He started running for just 60 seconds & this Try doing one better, than nothing notion redeveloped the habit.

• Karenz1 month ago

My advice is get a dog and don’t fence in your yard if you have one! Love for your dog will be the motivation you need to get out of bed before or at dawn, put on your walking shoes and take the dog to do his or her business. You do this at least 3 times a day like the postman thru wind, rain, sleet or snow. This has worked my entire life!

• DellwoodBarker
      Top reader this weekScoutScribe
      1 month ago

This highlights a Balancing Philosophy Integrating Well Here:

MicroDoseEveryThing

Takes the Focus off the Macro to eventually aid in Manifesting the Macro.

“These days, I usually run for 15 or 20 minutes at a stretch. But on the days that I’m totally lacking in motivation or time, I still do that one minute. And this minimal effort always turns out to be way better than nothing.”

queues 1974’s “Nothing From Nothing” by Billy Preston

• Florian
      Top reader this weekReading streak
      1 month ago

I’m not usually a fan of these types of articles but this one actually seems to contain smart advice.

• bartadamley
      Reading streakScout
      1 month ago

The one minute start is such an easy helpful way of framing how to start any habit we would like to pick up!

BTW.. this article works as a great motivator for getting you to go to the gym!

***get me out of bed this morning :)

• TripleG
      Reading streak

Fascinating. The one minute start. Anything is better than nothing.