1. The world's best reading app

Great articles, no ads. Get started for free.

• [user]3 weeks ago

This comment was deleted on 9/30/2021

Reading streakScoutScribe

Beyond a 10! One of my favorite articles to date. So well written, I was captivated and taken to the depths of what is humanly possible. This is SO exciting, truly inspiring and motivational.

• Karenz
        Scribe

Pegeen, I agree. I’m always amazed at the mental aspects of sports and physical feats but he takes it to another whole level. Impressive how he continued after his mother’s disappearance in the depths.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout
      1 month ago

Marvellous Molchanov!

The key is to snap his attention back to the present moment, to train his brain as vigorously as he can train his body to almost physically overcome his thoughts and hold his mind in a state of nothingness and nowness. “I feel how my attention can get broadened in time and space,” he says. “I can be thinking about the future, I can be thinking about the past. All these thoughts everywhere. We have that a lot in life. But if I was just to pull them back into the now moment, pull my thoughts back, really physically, that's the technique that feels like a technique that can be learned. When I practice it a lot, it's like an arm movement. Physical. You just pull it back. And you get your attention to the shortest possible time moment.”

Reading streakScoutScribe

Wow, such a fantastic find - thrilling! Thanks so much for posting.

• DellwoodBarker

Love Love Love

Outstanding Riveting Grounding Metaphysical

So many humans we read about here in RU who are refreshingly and fascinatingly achieving superhuman levels of physical perseverance.

Queue Superhuman Touch by Athlete (all time favorite band and full disclosure A+ friends).

• thorgalle

This one goes deep (🙃) on the sport and its current flagship athlete! Enthrallingly written.

They would make for cool marine conservation mascots. Too bad luxury brands have more money.