1. Did you even read the article?

Readup tracks your reading progress. In our community, you can’t comment on articles you haven’t really read.

Esquire | A.J. Jacobs | 7/24/07 | 24 min
    8.4
    Esquire
    8.4
    • joanne2 weeks ago

Interesting theory but I think it crosses the line into creepy. I believe in honesty maybe not radical honesty. I like to filter my thoughts thru the 4 gates if speech. Is it the truth? Does it have to be said? Is now the right time? And how do I say it as compassionately as possible? He just blasts thru the first gate and that is totally unfiltered. Blanton should read a book about mindfulness and empathy.?

• pandemia

What does it mean creepy in this context? I don’t understand

• jackdille

Super enjoyable read but if I was to try I think I'd experience many of the same events the author did - yikes. Google Brad Blanton as the author nailed his description, I can practically hear his laugh.

lolol 👍👍

• Abarlet2 weeks ago

Very funny. Reality? Let's hope not. I am pretty sure I could not be in the same room with someone who practiced this type of radical honesty. There is radical honesty that comes from a 5-year-old (Your hair looks funny.) And then there is radical honesty that comes from a full-grown adult, which is just rude and insulting, and didn't your Mom teach you any manners? I guess I must fall into the radical Dishonesty camp. Still a funny read.

Great comment. Great alternative perspective!

• Tonianni2 weeks ago

Being honest should help us rethink our thoughts.

It appears the problem stems from what and how we think about things. The bible tells no lie

“ A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of” Luke 6:45

Ten. AJ Jacobs is a legend.

Published in ‘07. (Maybe not publishable today?)

• pandemia

Now I make a connection I didn’t get before;-)

• theesakker2 weeks ago

The MySpace reference? It seemed strangely anachronistic but now it makes sense...

• pandemia

The journalist is a little jerk but the article is funny and I like the radical honesty concept