1. Deep reading is screen time well spent.

Readup offers distraction-free reading and noise-cancelled comments, built by and for readers. The future is focus. The future is slow. Join us.

blog.readup.com | Bill Loundy | 4/20/20 | 2 min
    8.8
    blog.readup.com
    8.8
    • pandemia2 months ago

I would like to help to improve the reading experience because it's quite frustratring to me. @Bill and @Jeff, hit me up if you will

Will do! I'm catching up on emails all weekend. Talk soon. :)

• oanafilip3 months ago

Nice work! 👏

Thanks!

• Florian
      Top reader this weekReading streak

Signed up for the salon! :) Also, how can I get my reading stats? Do I need the chrome add-on for that?

• thorgalle

Meet you there! For the stats: click the three dots in the right-top menu of Readup.

Or this link: readup.com/stats.

It was also linked in Bill's article, but reader mode hides links ;)

• Florian
          Top reader this weekReading streak

Oh nice! Thanks for the tips :)

• thorgalle

You're welcome! After registering I saw this salon is at 1-2:30 AM for me. I might reconsider 😅

• thorgalle

My last month was also erratic. But it was still the biggest article-reading month so far. I think I had a 7+ day streak at some point. So if anything, corona boosted my reading!

I also appreciated the ocean article yesterday. At some point I was thinking, "why am I reading this at 11pm rather than doing something enjoyable?", but the question was short-lived. It was a great article. And I'm happy you saved it from rollingstone.com where it was kept hostage by horrendous ads (I accidentally didn't have an ad blocker on. Really, how could one read this???)

I especially liked your observation that we should "flatten the climate curve". That's EXACTLY it, we can start using the vocabulary we are learning in the current crisis to talk about the bigger crisis.

"...but I think they can equally be divided into shallow and deep, and the pursuit of what is supposed to be happiness is often a flight from depth, from one’s own interior life and the suffering around us – and not being happy is often framed as a failure."

She lost me there. I guess I should read the article.

Incoming! 💌 Weekly ReadUpdates 💌

Going with a wellness theme here.

Here are the links: Check out your own stats Journalism goes positive? Rising Tides, Troubled Waters: The Future of our Ocean Solnit's The Impossible Has Already Happened & LINK to register for the virtual salon. (Do it!)