1. Deep reading is screen time well spent.

Readup offers distraction-free reading and noise-cancelled comments, built by and for readers. The future is focus. The future is slow. Join us.

billloundy.substack.com | Bill Loundy | 2 min
    8.9
    billloundy.substack.com
    8.9
    • kicksnare5 months ago

What an amazing journey. It's like you've found an escape hatch from the matrix. More like this, please.

🤾‍♂️

Trying! It’s hard to get personal (and real) online!

• thorgalle
          Top reader this weekScout

Relatable. I don't think I'll ever get used to the "everyone could see this" feeling online. It's hard to grasp for our tribal minds.

Exactly. If I allow myself to think, “What do I want to tell the whole planet?” I’m toast. Of course there’s nothing I want to share with everyone. But I’m still trying!!

Check this out, people. I just realized that the premise of my sci-fi novel is actually easy to explain in the context of my very real newsletter, Sputnik Chronicles.

The main character (who is me) shares an update, just like this one, except instead of sending links to YouTube videos (this one, this one, and this one) he send out links to virtual reality experiences where you're actually right there in Sputnik, singing along with the radio. Also, you get to choose between "Bill mode" and "Passenger mode." In Bill mode, you're just me, driving. In passenger mode, you're sitting next to me, and we're driving together, singing.

I'm going to have millions of followers who drive around with me for hours and hours on end, but really, they're sitting, alone, in their cars, in driveways and garages all around the world.

1. Update (2/25/2020):

And here's the link to Pet Milk!

• joshw5 months ago

oh wait, i literally just realized there is a novel that’s unrelated and the newsletter is an analogy 🤦🏻

It’s not easy to keep straight

• joshw5 months ago

ok i put in my email. i wish it actually were available for consumption in VR though.

I don't think you're alone! Social media kinda like hanging with friends.

• Abarlet5 months ago

I love the pictures and thank you for including a link to Pet Milk. I haven’t read it but I’m intrigued. Be safe out there and don’t forget to call home and check in. Haha. That’s just the Mom in me talking.

😉👍

• jbuchana

Loved it!

Thanks!

• Pegeen5 months ago

Beautiful pictures Bill - stunning! Your Sputnik has been a faithful companion. You are on a wondrous adventure and only natural to put it to paper. Good luck!