• kellyalysia

Wow, what a horrifying but important story. So many layers to this. I truly can't shake it, but as others have said: wow, her spirit and positive outlook is remarkable.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout

Crazy story! Hard to imagine a situation more terrifying than being locked up and tortured in a psych ward for a condition that you don't even have.

Exactly how I felt - and still can’t shake. Stayed with me all day. Horrifying!

• Karenz2 weeks ago

I’m only able to conceive of this young woman’s joy in cooking when she can’t eat because of the wonders of creativity. I had a child treated for anorexia in an inpatient mental facility and it was barbaric. We took them out against medical advice and it was the right decision. I’m hoping treatment has improved. What an inspiration this young woman is. After all she has suffered, her attitude is amazing. Difficult but great read.

Wow, this article is tragic on so many levels. Highly recommend. It’s truly unfathomable to me how this young woman stays so optimistic and passionate. Inspiring.

• Jessica

Such an inspirational story and brings me hope. Thanks for sharing, Pegeen!

• DellwoodBarker

Stories of individuals put in mental health situations like hers are appalling and upsetting. She is an inspiring soul as she maintains such an uplifting perspective and appreciation for life in the wake of all she has been through; including the tragic loss of her sister who became a ray of light here as well:

Abbie was so struck by her big sister's traumatising experience in eating disorder units that she chose to work in a mental health hospital for children.

Another story to remind what truly matters and to sit in Reverent Gratitude for the senses and functions we are able to experience; daily.

I am glad she is able to find Peace from the pain and that the lack of pain in her stomach now is enough of a win that she doesn’t get down about not eating or drinking. I kept thinking how difficult that would seem of a transition personally; though if not participating in something that causes pain prevents it then I can see how the system desire override would be welcome.

Beautiful read. Beautiful goddess.

• TripleG
      Reading streak

Amazing how this beautiful girl is so excited about living and creating and dancing after spending years in a barbaric psycho ward.