logo
  1. Social media powered by reading.

The best way to find, read and share articles online.

App Store BadgeComing soon to Windows, macOS and Android. Get notified.
    AUX | Ines Bellina | 2/10/20 | 4 min
    8.4
    AUX
    8.4
      Reading streakScout
      1 week ago

I honestly have “male misogyny “ fatigue! I also strongly feel the “land of men” must be dismantled. David Foster Wallace just seems like another brilliant narcissist. No thanks.

• jbuchana
      1 week ago

I'll have to read more of Wallace's work (as if I had even more time to read).

I've only read one of his pieces, Consider the Lobster", in a writing class I took almost 10 years ago at a local college.

We were to critique the article in an essay of our own. It's been a while, but I remember enjoying the piece, but having some real disagreements with him.

Top reader this week
      1 week ago

I'm not an American, just came to know about David and Adrienne, gonna explore more, already added books to read list.

• SEnkey
      1 week ago

I'll have to check out the book.

1 week ago

YES! Thank you SEnkey! The ghost of DFW returns to Readup. Makes me so happy, lol :D

Have you read Infinite Jest? Apparently I'm allowed to ask because I read female writers constantly.

1 week ago

I definitely want to read In the Land of Men. That's a provocative title. Millions of people will read this book for one simple reason: to get closer look into the brain and soul of David vis-a-vis David and Adrienne.

I can't get enough of stuff like this, which alternates between mundane and steamy, always in a weird, sad way:

"Miller was 26 when a 36-year-old Wallace came into her life. The intellectual chemistry between them is alluring, and there’s something satisfying in her ability to hold her own with someone who, for all his faults, was incredibly talented. Miller is clear, however, on what a nightmare Wallace was as a romantic partner. Needy, dismissive, manipulative, and demanding, he gave her backhanded compliments and held grudges.