alexdanco.com | 4/28/19 | 41 min
    9.8
    alexdanco.com
    9.8
    • Alexa

I'm going to have to Tony the Tiger this because it was grrrrrrreat.

I've been on a philosophy kick lately, I think some sort of grasping for models to better understand the world around me and better refine my values...idk, something like that. This definitely beefed up my reading wishlist with some more classics.

the Internet is basically a supercharged, everyday reminder of the presence of Self and Other.

I feel this a lot, the above. How when you try to be present and in the moment and conscious the web, mostly social, really gets in the way. It kicks on your sense of self so strongly, I've defo lost time to that mindset and am becoming less and less tolerant of it by the day...hmm

• SEnkey
        Top reader this weekScoutScribe

I agree. I ask myself all the time: Am I doing this to be seen doing it, or to do it?

• Alexa

Am I doing this to be seen doing it, or to do it?

I might have to steal this mantra for a while, great great question to ask. Succinctly sums up a lot of what I've been riffing on internally lately.

• SEnkey
            Top reader this weekScoutScribe

I stole it from Cicero. Esse Quam Videri - to be, rather than to seem.

Top reader this weekReading streakScout

We watch and learn by copying others, and the most important thing we learn from others is desire.

We do not fight because we’re different; we fight because we are the same.

• SEnkey
        Top reader this weekScoutScribe

Long time fan of Girard here so I really enjoyed this post.