AeonMelanie Challenger4/6/2120 min
    9.0
    Aeon
    9.0
      Reading streak
      1 month ago

This is one of the best articles I've ever read. I don't think the importance of the mind-body connection can be overstated and I think it's especially important to consider with all the hype around artificial intelligence and bioengineering.

The point here is not to argue that we ought to act as animals but rather that we are animals, and that a huge amount of the quality of our experience lies in a fully embodied animal life.

• Karenz
        Scribe
        1 month ago

Jeff, I couldn’t agree more. We miss so much when we are always in our heads. Plus dogs are better company than a lot of humans!! And more loyal!!!

• EZ19691 month ago

Hilarious that we have come so far that we have to be reminded that we are animals.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeScoutScribe
        1 month ago

Yup! I've been having this exact same thought quite often recently.

• DellwoodBarker
      Reading streakScribe
      1 month ago

BEAT DRUMS! BEAT DRUMS!

WO-MAN!

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeScoutScribe
      1 month ago

Beautiful. Cheers to being an animal!

• Jank1 month ago

This article will frame my thoughts and movements throughout the rest of the day in a very comforting way.

Top reader this weekTop reader of all timeReading streakScout
      1 month ago

By accepting that we’re animals too, we create the opportunity to think about how we might play to the strengths of our evolutionary legacies in ways that we all stand to gain from. If we can build a better relationship with our own reality and, indeed, a better relationship with other animals, we’ll be on the road to recovery.

• Jessica
      1 month ago

This article made me think of Robert Sapolsky’s work.