1. Stop feeding. Start reading.

Readup helps you spend more of your time and attention on deep, focused reading. We are a community of readers, writers and free-thinkers. Join us today!

The New York Times Company | JASMINE JAKSIC | 5/27/16 | 9 min
    9.2
    The New York Times Company
    9.2
    • joanne3 months ago

Romantic with just a pinch of creepy.

• Plum3 months ago

Romantic, kind of.

• Kiki3 months ago

I read Modern Love in the New York Times all the time, it’s one of my favorite sections. Articles like this is why; they are easy to read, enjoyable and relatable. It’s now a podcast.

Awwww. God bless Readup for shoving this at me this morning.

Before I started I was like, “I really don’t know if I can handle a bunch of cute shit right now.” But then I started reading and got caught. And suddenly I was smiling - just a little, but still. Honest writing is honest writing. It’s one of the only real things left.

• aussak3 months ago

Totally agree. Also makes me miss SF.

Yup. That too.

There’s something so refreshing about writing that’s just, like, this is what happened. No agenda. The line about the spider eye glasses was perfect.

• sjwoo
      Scribe

Thank you for suggesting this. What a lovely, pleasant read, just what we need! And it really hit the geek spot in my heart, too. :)

Scribe

Wookie legs in shorts - what a visual! And he didn’t even notice - hilarious. Very sweet story - loved it!

• Jim3 months ago

2 peas in a pod.... they tried to find something negative about each other and luckily they did not. A cute and easy morning read to start to my day of craziness and sadness for everything going on recently.... I really enjoyed this.

• Florian
      Reading streak

“It’s too bad I can’t hold you closer than what is physically possible, which is ironic because atoms are mostly empty space.” That’s totally my idea of a romantic and cute comment. Love it

• Plum3 months ago

This reminds me of the funniest book I’ve read in a long time! Highly recommend for these covid days. Rosie Project by Graeme Stimson

Top reader this weekReading streakScout

Well, stress test is a good approach to create Love bond and loyalty.