- -0 pts - Scout: TranquilHazebenwhitelaw2 months ago
The 'three meals a day' mantra has never sat well with me and, since living in West Africa — where eating one big meal a day is more common and the heat has affected my appetite —that feeling has only increased. The pandemic has clearly had the same affect for some people and this article is reassuring that I'm not alone in my scepticism about chowing down thrice a day.
- # 5122 pts - Scout: kellyalysiabenwhitelaw3 months ago
I have written a weekly newsletter about content moderation for 2+ years and my work as a digital journalist/editor has encompassed many of the challenges that Bill notes: namely incentivising ‘good’ behaviours and creating an environment where expertise and insight can flourish. Right now, Readup does that through its very product and that’s why I, and others, come to it often as part of a routine.
But it shouldn’t become complacent. Readup could easily be gamed by groups intent on causing harm and destruction. We’ve seen it countless times before in different ways (eg Facebook’s micro targeting of ads altering the course of many elections). If I’ve learnt one thing from writing the newsletter each week and noting the moderation catastrophes of platforms all over the world, it is ‘prepare for the worst’.
- AOTD on 9/23/20 - Scout: bill
- -0 pts - Scout: benwhitelawByline TimesByline Times <firstname.lastname@example.org> (https://bylinetimes.com/)3/30/204 min1 read1 comment7.0Byline Times1 read7.0
- -0 pts - Scout: benwhitelaw