I’m shocked and speechless...
This has certainly been an eye opening read.
And sadly this is too true:
and they’re still going to transmit the data (encrypted) to Apple in realtime, on by default every single mac, but at least the 0.01% of mac users who know about it now can turn it off, so Apple will only get a realtime log of what apps you open, when, and where for the other 99.99% of mac users.
Because there’s really only two kinds of days — ones when your team gets better and ones when your team gets worse. And if you just spend time getting better, then over a prolonged period of time you become essentially unbeatable.
Thanks so much for sharing this, Jeff! I admire the level of transparency and honesty in the way you two run ReadUp. It’s such an important foundation for long term success. Keep them blog posts coming 💪
The original Greek word for apocalypse – apokalypsis – does not mean “end times”. It means “to unveil”. This is the apocalypse we are living through: a process of unveiling and revealing. Patriarchy is not inevitable. It is not sustainable. If we are to survive and thrive as a species, we must first reveal it, and then undo it: in our systems, and in ourselves.
I largely agree with that. I’d even go further and say that some companies have positions just for the sake of positions and that you could easily reduce the workforce and these companies can still operate just as well.